words

Now that I have completed the images for the book. I am working on the words.

I started by choosing a font that I thought fit with the images from the linocut. Bodoni is an old font and I think it fits with the style of the images. See image 1. Still Bodoni seemed a little to clean cut to fit with the images. So I decided to do a hand drawn version type loosely based on Bodoni. See images 2. & 3. Once all the type was drawn out, I scanned it in to the computer. See image 4. Then I  laid it out again in InDesign. I wanted to see how the hand drawn type would look with the images and to make sure of the sizing. See image 5. Finally I am ready to transfer the image to the linocut. I flipped the image in photoshop, and printed it. See image 6. Now it is ready to trace on to the linocut block. In the same manner as the images I spread with charcoal stick, charcoal on to the back of the paper and trace the type on to the linocut block. then carve out, ink up and print.

One thought on “words

Leave a Reply